As a massive trend, digitalization is penetrating all areas of society on a global level. For senior citizens, however, it is often difficult to keep pace with new technological developments.
The SmartYourHome project aims to enable senior citizens to understand the characteristics and possibilities of digitalization using Smart Home concepts as an example and making active use of them. This should enable them to remain autonomous in their own homes for as long as possible.
SmartyourHome is a European project funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ Programme.
Goals of the project
- To teach basic Smart Home skills and abilities to senior citizens for senior citizens.
- To enable senior citizens to understand the basic principles of Smart Home and to perform initial installations.
- To contribute to a long, autonomous and safe life for senior citizens at home by creating their own intelligent living environment.
- To contribute to the social integration of senior citizens by enabling them to actively participate in the design of online courses.
- To facilitate ubiquitous access to digital learning through internet-based courses.
- To promote interregional and European networking and cooperation between senior citizens.
What is a Smart Home?
In a smart home, different devices and sensors are connected and able to interact with each other. You can control processes on your computer, tablet or smartphone. The aim is to automate certain tasks around your home and increase quality of life, security and comfort.